Amazing article to help people Suffering From Diabetes which is a common problem these days and a lot of people are looking for a Proper Diet Plan.
Suffering from any chronic disease including diabetes wears you down. Whenever you, as a diabetic patient, try to endure the suffering, you begin to realize that there is no absolute cure for diabetes yet.
As long as you follow a habitual diabetes diet, try to be physically active and energized, you will have a chance to reduce the consumption of medicines. Also, by doing this, you can keep your blood sugar level at a moderate range which is very necessary for all patients suffering from diabetes.
So, all that can be suggested to keep your diabetes in check is to ensure that you have a proper diabetes diet plan. In this article, we will discuss everything related to diabetes diet plan examples.
What do you mean by perfect diabetes diet guidelines?
- By an effective diabetes diet plan, we are trying to hint upon habitually incorporating fixed mealtimes in your daily lifestyle.
- Secondly, the food that you are eating should be healthy and not junk.
- Lastly, remember that a balanced diabetes diet constitutes of zero or negligible fat/calories.
- There should be a maximum intake of fruits and vegetables.
Covid-19 and diabetic patients –
The entire population of this world needs to be cautious about getting infected by the coronavirus. However, if you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, then the amount of safety that you must ensure gets doubled. In case your diabetes can’t be managed, then you not only possess the highest chances of getting sick through the virus but also have the chance to get the worst possible complications during the fatality.
Three tips to reduce the risk of getting the covid-19 –
- Wash and sanitize your hands multiple times every day. While you are washing your hands, do it for at least 20 seconds to stay protected from being infected by the virus.
- Living in a hygienic home is crucial so make sure that you follow some home safety tips.
- Lastly, if you are unable to work from your home and you have to go outside, then do wear a face mask.
Unless and until you follow these tips and keep a check on your blood sugar level also, then you will be compromising your health.
Diabetes diet menu plan for Covid-19 –
There are certain staple items included in the diabetes diet chart which can be difficult to procure during the lockdown period. You must assure that you have the food items given below in case you have to be home quarantined.
- Have some food items like crackers and vegetable soups which are high in carbs.
- You have to be prepared for situations when your blood sugar level might fall. So, store food items like candies, sweet sodas, fruit juices, honey, etc.
- Plenty of green vegetables and fruits so that your body gets an adequate supply of vitamins, fibre, minerals, antioxidants as these help humans fight against virus infections.
- If you are struggling to control your sugar level and insulin level, then make sure you own a lot of nuts, olive oil, seeds, peanut oil.
- Sufficient intake of protein also helps in controlling blood sugar levels. Hence, eat a lot of yoghurts, legumes like rajma, chana, etc. Also, diabetic patients can eat fish, chicken, eggs without being hesitant.
A full day diabetes diet plan recipes for all diabetic patients –
- Roti made of whole wheat
- 1 bowl of dahi
- 3 pieces of idli
- 1 medium dosa
- 1 bowl of sambar dal
- 1 boiled egg or poached egg or scrambled egg
Lunch plus dinner –
- 1 bowl of rice or 2 chapatis
- 1 bowl of cauliflower curry
- 1 bowl of rajma dal
- 1 cup dahi
- Cucumber, lettuce, chicken breast salad
- 1 small bowl of sprouts
- Veg Fried Rice or Veg Pulao
Picture Courtesy – lybrate.com
What to not include in a diabetes diet menu?
If you are diabetic, then you, unwillingly and involuntarily, have accentuated the chances of having heart disease or suffering from a stroke. So, if you want to minimize these chances then never incorporate the following food items in your diabetes diet menu. This is our diabetes diet advice –
- Say strict ‘NO’ to saturated fats that include dairy products with a high and substantial amount of fat, beef, bacon, butter, coconut oil, etc.
- Say goodbye to snacks that are processed, baked stuff because these contain trans fat, and are not suitable for diabetic bodies.
- Another food item that has to be avoided is any food item that contains more than 200 mg of cholesterol.
- As a patient suffering from diabetes, you neither want to experience a drop in your blood sugar level nor an accelerated increase in blood pressure level. So, avoid intake or more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium on an average day.
Type 1 diabetes diet –
If you are suffering from type 1 diabetes, then you must follow a particular kind of diet because there are several fatal complications that can arise if you don’t. Those complications are as follows –
- Damage to your heart
- Damage to your kidneys
- Damage to your eyesight
- Damage to your nerves
- Damage to the skin causing skin sores and also infections
Recommendations for what to include in your type 1 diabetes diet chart –
- Eat food that has 15 grams of carbohydrates and is fast-acting. Some examples are one-fourth glass of fruit juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, and two tablespoons of raisins.
- Eat fruits that have 15 grams of carbohydrates. Some examples are three ounces of sour grapes, half a cup of canned fruit or fruit juice, and one-fourth bowl of dried fruits.
- Eat vegetables that have no starch present in it. Some examples are cucumber, onions, and carrots.
- Also, eat an ample amount of whole grains along with proteins and fats.
Type 2 Diet Plan If Suffering From Diabetes –
Body cells need sugar supply for energy. Type 2 diabetes occurs when individuals face problems in supplying enough sugar to those body cells.
Recommendations for what to include in your type 2 diabetes diet chart –
- Eat food that has a low glycemic load, that is, complex carbohydrates. Some examples are brown rice, lentils, and beans.
- Eat both starch-rich and not starch-rich vegetables in abundance.
- Avoid consumption of simple carbohydrates like white pasta, watermelon, sugar, etc.
- Eat protein sources like legumes, tofu, sea-fish, peas, etc.
Gestational diabetes diet plan –
The first sign or appearance of gestational diabetes is seen during pregnancy. Insulin, that is, a hormone present in the human body for the proper absorption of sugar for giving energy to the body changes a lot during pregnancy. Female bodies, surprisingly, become insulin resistant.
Recommendations for what to include in the gestational diabetes diet chart –
- More than what you eat, how much you eat matters. Try to never over-consume, that is, never indulge in overeating.
- Your daily should contain a sufficient amount of protein and fiber. Never eat any kind of processed beverage.
- Some examples of snack items that will be good for your gestational diabetes are – vegetable omelet, fresh seasonal fruits, oatmeal with toppings of flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Eat fruits but in moderation. The best fruit that can be eaten during gestational diabetes is various types of berries.
All these suggestions were our diabetes diet advice. These proper diet tips and tricks will not only help diabetes patients to lose weight and stay healthy but also will lessen the chances of your encounter with any form of cardiovascular disease.
Staying energized throughout the day is the key to being positive and productive. These exercises can help you boost your productivity easily. Hope you loved reading “Diet Plan If Suffering From Diabetes”
Please share “What is Proper Diet Plan If You Are Suffering From Diabetes” with Friends and Family.