Suggested articles in chrome, also known as an article for you which most users do not like. Read how to Disable Articles for Your Chrome?
Google chrome is a popular web browser in android as well as computers. Google is continuously updating Chrome and working hard to secure its place in the competitive market.
If you are an android user, then there is a 95% chance that you are using chrome on an android phone, and the remaining 5% may be using a pre-installed browser to surf the internet.
The person who uses google chrome might get addicted to the browser as Google always collects data and show you the article according to your interest. Among various features, chrome articles for you.
If you are a google chrome user, this is not the only problem you might be facing; there are several chrome problems where you talk about chrome for android or chrome for pc. Concerning that, we had created a tutorial on DNS probe finished no internet solution. Suggested articles, also known as an article for you, are Google Chrome, which most users do not like.
If you are one of those who hate the suggested article section, then this post is for you. In this article, we are going to learn how to turn off articles for you in chrome.
Don’t forget to check What Is A Chromebook and how it can be helpful for you.
Before moving to the section, let us understand why you should disable the article suggestion in chrome.
- Sometimes we search of the thing that we don’t want others to know. When we search any particular topic or enter any search query, Google registers the keyword and starts showing more And more articles from different websites in the article suggests.
- Google suggested articles sometimes distract us and reduce productivity. Instead of doing some productive work, this article hooks us with the mobile and result in distraction from work or Studies.
- One only like clean looks, which makes you feel to stop suggested articles on chrome.
These were some of the reasons why you should disable chrome suggested articles. Now let us dive into the tutorial and turn off articles for you. Disable articles for your chrome android.
Disable articles for your chrome android
- Open Chrome on your android smartphone
- Enter chrome://flags In the address bar, and press enter
- In search bar, enter #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions
- Now, tap on the drop-down menu under the Show Server-Side Suggestions
- After that, choose Disabled
- Now, click on Relaunch Now to save the changes
These were the steps you have to follow if you are an android user. If you are not an android user and uses iPhone, then here are the steps for Chrome on iOS devices.
Turn off Suggested Articles in Chrome on iOS devices.
- Open Chrome on your ios devices like iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the three horizontal dots at the bottom of the screen
- From there, choose Settings in the menu
- Now, turn off the toggle switch for Article Suggestions
- After that, make sure to tap on Done at the top right corner
These were the steps to turn off suggested content chrome on android and iOS devices. If you like to use it afterward, then you can temporarily disable it and enable it when you wish to. Here are the steps to enable suggested articles on chrome. So without wasting more time, let’s jump into the tutorial.
How to enable articles for your chrome
- Open Chrome app on your smartphone
- Type chrome://flags In chrome address bar and press enter
- A new page will be open; in the search option, search for #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions, and the result will come on the screen.
- Now, tap on the drop-down menu under the Show Server-Side Suggestions and choose Enable.
- Now, tap on Relaunch Now to save the changes, and you are done.
In this way, you can enable articles for your chrome on android smartphones.
This was the tutorial on how to turn off articles for you in chrome on android & iOS devices. If you have any problem following the tutorial, please use the comment section or contact the solutionexist.
If you are annoyed with the chrome article for you, but you don’t want to remove this as you will need afterward, you can turn it off for now, and later on, you can enable it steps are provided. Don’t forget to share your favorite web browser for mobile and computer, and apart from chrome, which internet browser do you use.