Netgear WiFi range extenders are one of the great devices considered by every internet lover across the globe. At times, 90 percent of them face various technical issues with them. And Netgear extender dropping WiFi connection is one of the most common yet major issues. On the off chance if you are also experiencing the same issue, then you have landed on the right post. Here, we are going to make you familiar with various fixes that will help you get rid of Netgear extender dropping WiFi connection issue in haste. Let’s take the plunge!
Fixed: Netgear Extender Dropping WiFi Connection
There are various effective ways through which “Netgear extender dropping WiFi connection” issue can easily be fixed. Have a quick glance below.
Fix 1: Update Netgear Extender’s Firmware
To fix various issues related to your Netgear extender, you need to update its firmware from time to time. Not only the latest and up-to-date version resolves major technical glitches but also it enhances the security, performance, and functionality of your Netgear extender. To update the firmware of your Netgear extender, follow the steps highlighted below:
- Turn on your Netgear device.
- Connect your WiFi extender to router using an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the LEDs on your Netgear extender to become green and stable.
- Power on your desktop or laptop and visit the Netgear’s official site.
- Enter your extender’s Model Number.
- Click Downloads once you’re done.
- Select a firmware version for your Netgear extender’s model and click Download.
- Open an up-to-date web browser and enter mywifiext without making any typos.
- The extender login page displays.
- Enter the Netgear extender password and click on Log In.
- The Status page will be displayed.
- Here, you have to click Firmware Update button.
- Once you’re done, click Browse and then on the Upload button.
- The firmware update process will start and your extender will reboot automatically. The firmware update process will take some time. So, do not try to go online, turn off the extender, shut down the computer/ laptop, or interrupt the process.
Hurrah! In this way, you can easily update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender. Once you’re done, verify your WiFi connection by accessing the mywifiext.net login or mywifiext.net setup page. In the event that the issue still persists, move to the next fix outlined underneath.
Fix 2: Configure Your Netgear Extender Properly
Still your Netgear extender dropping WiFi connection? Need not to worry! All you need to do is to ensure that your extender is configured properly. You can easily configure your Netgear extender by referring to its manual and following the instructions. You can also set up your Netgear extender by navigating to mywifiext.net login or mywifiext.net setup page and applying the on-screen steps in exact given order.
This is one of the most easiest and effective fixes to troubleshoot many big issues with your Netgear extender. The simple reboot is more than enough to make your Netgear extender up and running. To reboot or power cycle your Netgear extender, do the following:
- Turn off your Netgear extender. But prior to that, don’t forget to disconnect your device from router, mobile, PC or laptop.
- Wait patiently for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, turn on your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Once you’re done, connect your Netgear extender to router.
- Now, check your WiFi connection by accessing mywifiext.net login or mywifiext.net setup page.
We hope that the fixes listed in this article have helped you in fixing Netgear extender dropping WiFi connection issue. Do share your feedback with us. And if you have any other suggestions that can help users to get rid of the issue, you are more than a welcome to share them as well.