Individuals and their families, as well as society at large, pay a high price for alcohol and alcohol misuse. The yearly cost of alcohol misuse in India is estimated to be in the crores of Indian Rupees. Excessive drinking may lead to alcoholism in individuals, as well as a variety of other diseases and mental and behavioral issues. Injury, social risk, family turmoil, unemployment, legal and financial troubles are all possible outcomes.
Individuals and society pay more for Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in New Delhi as a result of alcohol consumption. This leads in lost productivity and life, as well as a slew of additional expenditures.
Causes of alcoholism
- Alcoholism does not have a single cause. In reality, there are a slew of risk factors that might contribute to the onset of an alcohol addiction. These risk variables interact differently in each person, resulting in alcoholism in some people but not in others.
- The development of alcoholism is influenced by both internal and environmental influences. Genetics, psychological circumstances, personality, personal decision, and drinking history are all internal influences.
- Family, environment, religion, social and cultural standards, age, education, and work position are all external variables.
- Preventing individuals from establishing harmful drinking practices is the most efficient strategy to reduce the societal costs of alcohol usage. This can be challenging since people begin drinking for a variety of reasons and in a variety of situations.
- Because of the numerous elements that might impact the development of an alcohol addiction, it is nearly impossible to predict whether or not a person will become addicted to alcohol.
- While it is an individual’s decision whether or not to start drinking, a vast body of data demonstrates that once drinking begins, the development of alcoholism is essentially beyond of that individual’s control.
Statistics of alcoholism among teenagers
Statistics on adolescent alcoholism are becoming increasingly significant over the world. It is feasible to get some indications using data acquired in India. Let’s look at the data from American neurologist reports. Without exception, all studies show that 90-92 percent of children aged 14 to 18 successfully sample alcohol in diverse states. The overall dosage grew as the subject’s age increased. The Swiss Institute for Alcoholism Research has undertaken extensive research that has impacted practically every European country. They are attempting to establish the reasons behind teenage alcohol usage.
There are 5.7 crore persons in the country that are addicted to alcohol. There are six crore alcoholics in India, which is greater than the population of 172 countries, including Italy.
Look how alcohol rehab works
It takes time, effort, willpower, and assistance to recover from an alcohol use problem. When you opt to attend a professional alcohol and drug treatment program in Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre in New Delhi, you will embark on a four-stage rehab recovery journey in which you will learn to live a healthy and sober lifestyle.
The following are the four stages of treatment:
- The start of the treatment
- Abstinence at a young age
- Keeping abstinence is a difficult task.
- Advanced recuperation