We spend one-third of our lives sleeping and change the position of our body at night no less than 20 times, which has a significant impact on our sleep quality and well-being during the day. It is a bed and a mattress that are responsible for the comfort of our sleep and waking up in the morning. Which bed to choose? Which upholstery is better? Why is a lifting mechanism needed? Our article will provide all the answers that you may have been looking for. Read More About How to Choose a Bed for Your Bedroom below. A double tv bed is also the best choice for your home that looks attractive and make your place beautiful.
The Art of Choosing Your Perfect-Match Bed
Buying a bed is an important task that should be approached with special care and attention. Of course, there is no universal bed that will work best for all. However, there are many nuances that you need to consider. Here are some tips that will help you make the right choice.
Tip 1 – Start by Asking Which Bed Size to Choose
When choosing the size of the bed, two points are important – your height/ weight and the size of the bedroom. There is also a general rule: it is best to buy the largest bed that will fit in the bedroom without interfering with your walking around the room.
Tip 2 – Decide on the Design of the Bed
The bed consists of a base, on which the mattress is placed, and a frame. The latter consists of a headboard and footboard, support (legs, podium) and drawers (side panels of the bed). All the above elements of the bed should look appealing and fit into the interior of the room.
Tip 3 – Choose a Base for Your Bed
The base of the bed is attached to the frame and serves as a support for the king single mattress. It comes in different types and variations:
- Lamella base – It is important that the bed frame slats bend under the weight of the sleeper and take the required shape. The more slats are used in the bed base, the better;
- Metal base – It will last for 20 years and will ensure a comfortable and healthy rest. However, you will have to pay a bomb for such a base;
- The base made of sheet material – Such a base for a bed is inexpensive, but it provides a low level of comfort. An orthopedic mattress, laid on a flat base, partially loses its properties.
The best option is a lamella base – it allows for a good ventilation of a mattress and can be used for a long time. To save space, the construction can be supplemented with storage compartments, which works just fine for mid-/small-sized apartments.
Tip 4 – Decide If You Need a Lift Bed
We all know how difficult it is to find a place to store bulky blankets and seasonal items. Therefore, we advise you to use every “corner,” even under the bed. In this case, a bed with a lifting mechanism and storage space is very convenient. Such a bed is not only a sleeping accommodation but also a wardrobe.
The space under the bed is equipped with spacious drawers for bed linen, clothes, or other things. This will save precious square meters. There are also options with side or front drawers. But this design does not allow you to maximize the use of the bedside space.
Tip 5 – Decide Which Mattress to Choose
How comfortable the bed is highly dependent on the mattress that you are going to use. For your convenience, we have collected the key points that are important to consider:
- Rigidity – The choice depends on the presence/ absence of spinal problems, your height and weight. Mattresses with a moderate to medium and low degree of hardness will work perfectly well for elderly people and children;
- Height – The more you weight, the higher the mattress you should buy;
- Mattress size – First, you need to check the size of the bed; a mattress for it should be of the very same dimensions. Otherwise, the mattress will not fit;
- Type of a mattress – There are springless models consisting only of filler. They can come with either dependent or independent spring blocks. The last option is the most durable and comfortable..
Tip 6 – Explore Bed Upholstery Materials
Aside from the strength, durability or fading of the upholstery, consider your interior and personal preference. There are many options for you to choose from. For example, a popular material for bed upholstery is eco-leather. It looks stylish and expensive. At the same time, material for bed upholstery made of fabric will add coziness to the interior.
Tip 7 – Choose a Bed That Will Fit into the Interior
The material and construction of the bed should not only fit your understanding of comfort but also fit into the interior. Therefore, when choosing a bed, consider its design as well as a look and feel of your bedroom. In case you have no clue what will fit into the interior, then you can always use a virtual staging solution from the spotless agency – visualize your bedroom setting and make the right choice.
Tip 8 – Choose Accessories for Your Bed
Decide on the furnishings to buy all the furniture in the same style in one go. In this case, you will get a holistic space with all the details matching each other. The easiest way to find accessories for a bed is to buy a sleeping set. As a rule, it includes bedside tables, poufs, a mirror, a chest of drawers, and a dressing table.