Do you want to change the settings of your Netgear router, but have forgotten the router’s IP address? No worries! We have got a trick for you by which you can find the IP address of your router and change its settings. How? Read this article to know the steps to find the IP address of your Netgear router. But, before starting the topic, let’s find out- what is an IP address?
What is IP Address?
An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a unique sequence of numbers separated by periods assigned to a device that is connected to a WiFi network. Generally, Netgear routers are assigned two IP addresses while www.routerlogin.net setup: one is a public IP address and another is a private IP address.
Public IP address or static IP address is the one that can be accessed by anyone on any WiFi device, whereas the private address is used to communicate with the local area networks.
Steps to Find IP Address on Netgear Router
- Plug your Netgear WiFi router into a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Establish a wired connection between your Netgear router and modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your computer or laptop and launch an internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc. and go to its address bar.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the web browser to access the Netgear routerlogin.net page.
- Now, fill in the default username and password in the required fields and click the Log In button. The Basic Home screen appears.
- Go to the Advanced option and click on the Router Status tab. Your Netgear router’s IP will be displayed on the next pop-up window in the IP address field.
Congratulations! You have found the IP address of your Netgear router. Now read on to know the steps to log in to your router using the IP address.
How to Log in to Netgear WiFi Router Using IP Address?
Follow the steps given below to log in to your Netgear router by accessing its IP address:
- Power up your Netgear WiFi router and connect it to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your PC or laptop and open an internet browser of your choice. Go to its address bar and type the IP address of your Netgear router in it. Once done, press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page will appear. Enter the default username and password in the required fields and click on the Log In button.
- As soon as you click the Log in button, you will be logged in to your Netgear WiFi router.
By following the above steps, you will be able to log in to your Netgear WiFi router by accessing its IP address. Read further to know how to change WiFi settings of your router.
- Once done, click the Wireless Settings option under the Setup menu.
- Enter the new password in the Password field and the network name in the SSID field. Don’t forget to click the Save button after doing so.
In the same way, you can access the various settings of your Netgear WiFi router by performing Netgear router login via the IP address or routerlogin net page.
This was all about how to find the IP address of your Netgear router. We hope that by reading this article, you will be able to find your Netgear WiFi router’s IP address. If you liked reading this article, then leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.