There is no denying the fact that the small country of Singapore is one of the world’s top destinations. In fact, for many, Singapore can be referred to as a land of endless possibilities and opportunities.
From career professionals looking to advance their lives to families looking for a safer environment to raise their kids, Singapore has something for everybody. With the world’s top companies preferring Singapore to open their global headquarters, this is where growth is.
In recent years, many expats and seasoned professionals have started exploring the possibility of moving to Singapore. In this article, we are going to help individuals, professionals, and families with five important things they should know when considering the transition.
Reasons Singapore is a Hot Destination for Career Professionals
Before we come to the list of things you should know about relocating or moving to Singapore, it would be apt to discuss some important reasons why it is a great destination for professionals-
- For starters, the country is pro-business. In other words, Singapore’s government and authorities have ensured progressive steps and legislation to make it easy for businesses to operate.
- Secondly, the country of Singapore has been consistently voted in the lists of places where the standard of living is top-notch. This means that residents and inhabitants enjoy a fantastic quality of life.
- Thirdly, Singapore’s economy is growing at breakneck speeds. Every sector of the country like exports or imports is showing significant growth. In terms of business opportunities, the country is prospering.
- Fourthly, Singapore boasts of great public infrastructure. Be its transportation systems, network connectivity, or educational institutions, they are of a very high standard. It is the hub of global telecommunications in Asia.
- Lastly, Singapore has a very stable and strong legal and political environment. This stability is critical for formulating and executing long-term growth strategies that have proven to be beneficial for the country’s economy.
Singapore’s society is diverse. This means that it is fast emerging as a melting point of cultures in Asia. You have Chinese, Indian, Korean, Japanese as well as American influences in the society.
List of 5 Things you need to know when moving to Singapore
- Getting a Work Permit Application-
One of the first things you need to do to start your relocation process is to explore the Work Visa situation. By working with specialized agencies that can help you with all the paperwork, documentation, and filings, you will ensure that you are able to get a Work Permit Application easily. There are different types of ‘Passes’ and the agency will be able to help you out. For more information in this regard, please visit- https://successhrc.com.sg/work-pass-application/
- Understand the Job Sector and Requirements in Singapore-
A lot of professionals move to Singapore as there is a heightened chance of them increasing their salaries. This is true, as the minimum wages and salaries are far more in Singapore as compared to different parts of the world. If you are a white-collar professional, you can give your career a significant boost by exploring job opportunities in the banking or tech sectors.
- Be aware of Singapore’s High Standard of Living-
Singapore is a developed country. This means that its workforce and population earn significantly higher as compared to other countries. While this is an issue that can become debatable, the average standard of living in Singapore is usually on the higher side. This means you need to pay more for basic essentials and utilities. Yes, you do earn a lot more as well.
- The country has a Good Educational System in place-
If you are concerned about the education of your kids, you should not be worried. The country is home to some of the best international schools in the world. With an exciting and globally renowned curriculum, your child will be able to develop in the most holistic fashion possible. If education is your concern, Singapore’s schools and colleges have you covered.
- The Tax Structure is Progressive and Relaxed-
A strong reason why some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs call Singapore their home is because of the country’s tax structure. We have already mentioned how the government is pro-business. There are no Capital Gains Taxes in the country and you do not have to pay the notorious Double Tax, as is prevalent in several parts of the world.
The Bottom Line
As someone who is looking to move to Singapore, you need to ensure that you are seeking help from qualified agencies that can guide you on the relocation and paperwork process. Securing a Work Permit is by far the most important thing you need to concentrate on. If you have any questions, you would like us to address, please let us know in the comments below.