It is suggested to log in to the Nighthawk router and change its settings. Read Password of My Netgear Nighthawk Router.
Are you also one of those who keep on working with the default settings after Netgear router setup? If so, then you must secure your Netgear router by changing its default settings, especially the password. In the event that you don’t know how to change the default Netgear router password, then don’t worry. We’ve got your back! In this particular write-up, you will get to know the complete process of changing the default Netgear router password in minutes. Continue reading!
How to Change the Default Netgear Router Password?
You can easily change the default password of your Netgear router in 2 simple ways:
- Using the Netgear Genie Smart Wizard
- Via the Netgear Nighthawk app
You can change the password of your Netgear router using any of these methods as per your comfort. Let’s have a quick glance on both the methods one by one:
Changing the Default Password using the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
Walk through the instructions listed below to change the default password of your router using the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard:
- Right off the bat, turn on your Netgear router. Plug it into a working and damaged-free wall outlet.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your Netgear router to your modem.
- Next, turn on your computer or laptop and connect it to your router’s WiFi.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice. Use only an up-to-date web browser. Also, clear the entire browsing history.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar and type routerlogin.net. In the event that the web address does not work for you, use the default Netgear router IP address instead.
- Enter your Netgear router login details into the given fields.
- Click on Log In.
- You will be redirected to Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Navigate to the Wireless section.
- Enter the router’s new network name in the SSID field.
- Once done, enter the new password or security key in the Password field.
- Finally, click on the Apply button.
That’s it! In this way, you can change the password of your Netgear router in minutes. In case, you get stuck at any step listed above, feel free to get in touch with our technical executives anytime.
- It is recommended to change the password of your Netgear router in a month or two. Doing so will keep your Netgear router secure from unauthorized access.
- Create a separate network for guests. Download Netgear Nighthawk app and enable the guest access network feature.
Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
Looking to change the password using the Netgear Nighthawk app? If so, then go through the instructions highlighted below. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Plus, you can also manage your home network from anywhere using the Nighthawk app.
- First things first, connect your iOS or Android device to your router’s WiFi.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app using the App Store or Play Store.
- Once the app gets installed on your device successfully, open it.
- Fill in the Netgear router’s admin name and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen to change the password on your router using the app.
Cheers! You have changed the password of your router using the Nighthawk app. It is suggested to login to Nighthawk router and change its settings to prevent unauthorized access.
These were 2 easy methods through which you can change the password of your Netgear router. On the off chance if you failed to change the password of your Netgear router using the instructions listed above, feel free to reach out to our competent technical experts right away via comments.
Please share “How do I Change the Password of My Netgear Nighthawk Router?” with friends and family.