Remedial massages are a manual therapy whose main objective is to improve people’s well-being by increasing the production of endorphins, thus reducing pain, helping the body naturally, without affecting the central nervous system.
The wellness experience begins from the moment you disconnect from everyday life and decide to take care of yourself.
A massage connects directly with the body’s largest organ, the skin. That contact and the pressure exerted on your muscles help release tension, which will give you a relaxing and energizing sensation.
What are the different types of remedial massage?
There is a wide range of massage techniques within a ayurvedic remedial massage treatment. The most common remedial massage techniques are effleurage, deep strokes, compressions, wringing, picking up, and skin rolling.
There are different types of remedial massages, among the most frequent we can mention:
- Relaxing or Swedish massage.
- Deep tissue massage.
- Hot stone massage.
- Sports massage.
Its main purpose is to eliminate tension and help firm muscles and joints. The relaxing or Swedish massage is performed through long and deep circular movements, following the contour and shape of the different parts of the body, starting with your shoulders and upper extremities, and then continuing with the back, hips, following the legs, and ending with your feet, paying special attention to pressure points. It helps to eliminate toxins and, little by little, the body rediscovers its natural balance.
It is important that you know how to select where and who will perform a massage, you must take into account that, in addition to using the appropriate tools and supplies, such as: special beds, clean and sanitized areas, essential oils, aromatherapy, and relaxing music, the person who perform have the knowledge and practice in what you do, in a way that guarantees the results and above all the safety in the care of your health.
Remedial massages, in general, are increasingly part of comprehensive treatments, in different pathologies and medical conditions.
Among some benefits they provide, we can mention:
- Stress reduction through relaxation, activating deep breathing, thus eliminating the feeling of anxiety, especially when performed frequently, as part of the lifestyle.
- Reduction of pain, inflammation, and muscle tension, especially for those who spend a lot of time sitting or standing. Also extremely convenient for those who have a constant exercise routine.
- Improves and strengthens arterial circulation, increasing the supply of oxygen to organs and tissues.
- Decreased heart rate decreases when relaxing, helping even to sleep better.
- Improved immune function, since the increase in endorphins increases the feeling of well-being, so the immune system is strengthened.
In addition to the benefits it provides for the health, always accompanied by guidance and medical treatment in the indicated cases, the massage helps you connect with yourself, feel your body and experience the difference in the feeling of well-being that you have after receiving it, that emotional health that benefits above all your self-esteem, in a moment of intimacy with your own being.
read more at: https://amirarticles.com/