Kindle is an excellent device for reading and browsing content online. Read complete guide about “Reset A Kindle Fire” to know more.
Kindle is an excellent device for reading and browsing content online. Through Kindle, you will be able to read your favorite books. However, there are at times when you mess up with the kindle settings, and there might be a need to reset the kindle fire.
But how to reset kindle fire? There might be some things like where you need to rest the kindle fire as you will not fully access the Kindle.
To reset the kindle fire, there are some steps that you need to follow. You do not have to worry as it is not hard as you might think they are. Backing up and wiping the Kindle is not for everyone.
There is a factory reset as well that is going to delete everything that you have downloaded to the device. This will include all the books, tv shows, apps, movies, and games you might have downloaded on Kindle.
Although there is a piece of good news, all your purchases are synced to the Amazon servers. So you do not have to worry about purchasing every item twice. But if you are not making a copy of your data, then there might be a case where you can lose the content.
You must note that it is impossible to reset the kindle fire safely, but you need to make sure that you are doing it smartly. There is some precautionary measure that you need to take to wipe all the data permanently.
Steps to back up the account data:
By default, Kindle is going to back up all the personal settings, search history, notes, call history, communications, and bookmarks that you might have saved in amazon’s silk browser.
If there is any movie, music, TV shows, apps, and books that you might have purchased are automatically synced to the Amazon account and can be easily viewed from the kindle fire cloud tab.
Before you will do anything, you need to make sure that your kindle fire is up to date. Then you need to check whether you are backing up the account data or not.
- The first thing you need to do is wipe down the top of the Kindle’s screen and then tap on settings.
- After that, you are required to select the device options that are followed by backup and restore.
- Then you need to toggle the device backup option by pressing the switch on.
When you see that your kindle fire is asleep and connected to the Wi-Fi, it will back up the data to the Amazon servers. You can even start by backing up manually by tapping the backing up now option.
Amazon is going to give you an option to back up the data to Amazon’s servers for at least a year but is also going to warn you that if you turn off the backup feature, then by tapping the disable backup button, any data that is currently associated with the device is going to get deleted.
Steps to backup the kindle photos, files, and videos:
The automatic backup feature will not copy all the photos, documents, and videos that you might have saved to the kindle fire. But it can quickly be done when you are following the right method.
According to Amazon, it suggests that you must use the Amazon cloud-based storage solution. Every Kindle has 5 GB of free storage, but the Amazon member also has the benefit of unlimited photo storage.
If it is not enough to fit the files that you’ve accumulated over the years, then you can easily update your storage plan from the page of managed storage.
Here is how you will be able to make your Amazon drive is up to date with all the latest photos, files, and videos:
- The first thing you need to do is swipe down from the top of the screen and then select settings.
- After that, you are required to choose the device options and then sync the device.
When you are not an existing Amazon drive user, you might have to register the kindle fire with the Amazon account. You need to follow these steps to do so:
- You need to swipe down from the top of the screen from the home button and then tap to settings. Then you need to select my account and then register.
- When you already have an amazon account, you need to enter the amazon account information and then select to continue.
- If you see that you do not have an amazon account, you need to select the start here and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new account.
How to reset a kindle fire?
Finally, we have come up with the method where you will learn how to reset the kindle fire successfully. Now that you know how to back up the data, this is the time where you will make all the ends meet without any consequences.
Now that you are ready to begin the reset process, keep in mind that you have backed up most of the data; there is still no guarantee that you will be able to get all your data back. There is also a warning by Amazon that the game progress, individual app settings, account passwords, in-app items.
There is this site loaded content that might be lost during the process of restoration. That being the case, you do not need to factory reset the tablet unless you are willing to risk losing some things.
To reset the kindle fire,
- The first thing you need to do is swipe down from the top of the screen and then open settings.
- After that, you must tap on the device options and then select to reset to factory defaults.
- You need to enter the device PIN and then select the continue option. After that, press the reset option to confirm.
These are the steps through which you can know how to reset a kindle fire.
Please share “Ultimate Guide On How To Reset A Kindle Fire? – Amir Articles” with friends and family.