Windows 10 users and those using older versions of the OS may come into the VCRUNTIME140 1.dll missing issue while attempting to start a specific software. It’s a Dynamic Link Library file, the same as VCRUNTIME140.dll, and it’s utilised by several programmes to launch specific commands or execute code. The file isn’t part of the Windows operating system, but third-party apps often need it to work correctly.
What is the purpose of Vcruntime140 1.dll?
The Vcruntime140 1.dll file, often known as the Microsoft® C Runtime Library, is frequently associated with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. It’s an essential part of Microsoft Windows that keeps everything running smoothly. Because of this, the associated software’s performance may suffer if the vcruntime140 1.dll file is missing.
Users get the error when the file is absent from the system, which prohibits them from starting or running any programmes that depend on it. Some Windows users are all too familiar with the problem of missing DLL files (other examples include MSVCP140.dll and MSVCP100.dll), which may make using a Windows device quite irritating.
When does the problem occur?
It’s been observed that the “VCRUNTIME140 1.dll missing” problem occurs while attempting to run a variety of applications, including game modding software or custom-built apps. Customers often use the search tool to check for the lost file on their PCs and report that it was not found – expected.
The DLL file VCRUNTIME140 1.dll is found in Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and should be installed on the system as soon as possible, Although these files may be damaged or destroyed for several reasons. Consequently, users are unable to start apps that need the presence of a specific Windows environment. Also, don’t forget to read this How to Fix the 0x0 0x0 Error Code.
What does it lead to?
VCRUNTIME140 1.dll is a missing problem that sometimes leads users to consider reinstalling the software, as indicated by the error notice. The problem continued despite several attempts to resolve it.
Common Causes Explained
As with most of Windows 10’s problems, there are many probable explanations for this one. As a result of the system’s size and complexity, even a single mistake may snowball into a cascade.
Tip: Anyone may use the strategies in this post since they are simple to follow and don’t need prior knowledge of Windows 10. Don’t forget to suggest us to anybody you know who is having problems with their system!
Based on feedback from the vast majority of Windows 10 users, we discovered and compiled the most popular reasons why the “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” problem occurs.
- You may have unintentionally deleted or corrupted the VCRUNTIME140.dll file: A missing or corrupt.dll file is the most common source of this error message. The applications you’re attempting to utilise won’t launch until you restore or re-download that file.
- It is a well-documented issue with Adobe Creative Cloud: With Creative Cloud, Adobe has fixed a problem. The problem began when they switched from Visual C ++ to Microsoft runtimes.
- Visual Studio 2015 has been corrupted or are entirely missing: Visual Studio 2015 is associated with the VCRUNTIME140.dll file. It’s possible that it’s not there on your computer or that software, your operating system, or spyware has corrupted it.
- Malware has invaded your computer: A virus or other malicious software may have been installed on your computer. Corrupted or destroyed VCRUNTIME140.dll as a consequence.
- Corrupted files in the operating system: System files are susceptible to mistakes and corruption when Windows 10 is reset or with malicious software.
Remember that these are only a few possible reasons; you might be dealing with something entirely different. However, using the procedures in the next part, you will repair this mistake quickly.