Umrah is a nonobligatory pilgrimage that a Muslim can undertake at any time of the year. Read important info about Umrah Packages in 2021.
Umrah is a nonobligatory pilgrimage that a Muslim can undertake at any time of the year. Whether you are young or old, male or female, child or adult— the Umrah is open to you.
However, before booking an Umrah Package for 2021 with the licensed travel agency of your choice, remember that there are several things that you need to know before undertaking this spiritual journey. It is your duty as a Muslim to do your research before starting your Umrah.
So, what are these things that one needs to be educated about before doing the Umrah?
The Dos and Don’ts of Umrah:
Several things won’t be mentioned in the Umrah Packages 2021, but you will need to remember if you wish to have a faultless Umrah.
- Educate yourself on the history of the Umrah. Its importance is, how it came to be, and what the story behind it is. This will strengthen the spiritual connection that you have with the pilgrimage.
- Learn all the different rules of the Ihram. While in the condition of the Ihraan, an individual is not even allowed to use scented soap. While something so small, it still has the capacity to ruin an Umrah. Hence, it is important to educate yourself on the little things before setting out on an umrah.
- Buy suitable clothing for everyday wear. Whether man or woman, your focus should be on comfort and modesty over style and trendiness.
- Please make a list of small, everyday items that you may need and buy them before travelling to Saudi Arabia. Whether comb or shaving cream, it is better to have your own than to go out and buy one in a place where you do not even know where the shops are.
- Make sure to keep an open mind and interact with the pilgrims from various countries aggregating there. It is a wonderful place to meet new people who are on the same journey as yourself.
- While you are there, do not prioritize sleeping and eating over the different facets of the Umrah and the accompanying activities. Go for ziyarah, visit different historical sites with significance in Islam, and pray as much as you can.
- For men, practising to set the Ihram properly is essential. This will allow them to be prepared for when the actual Umrah happens.
You should not do several things while in the condition of Ihram or while performing the Umrah. They are:
- Never get in the middle of crowds where there may be pickpockets. With the coronavirus pandemic raging across the world, it is essential to avoid crowds anyway.
- Keep your masks on at all times to make sure that you are following proper safety guidelines to protect yourself and others from getting infected with COVID-19.
- Do not leave your children or wife unattended anywhere. Not only can they get lost, but many people can con them into accompanying them to other places for illegal activities.
- Do not get lost in using your phone while in the Holy Mosques. The Umrah is for your spiritual betterment, not using your phone.
- If you have leftover food, do not throw it away. Instead, please give it to the cleaners or caretakers of the Mosques to not go to waste.
- Do not push or jostle people when in line to see the various sights, buy food, or go to the bathroom. Everyone there is tired and away from their homes. Those are not excuses to be rude to your fellow pilgrims.
- If you need something, ask if someone has it. Do not, under any circumstances, steal from a fellow pilgrim as that is extremely sinful behaviour.
- Keep your eyes lowered at all times. Please respect your fellow pilgrims and do not harass them at any cost.
The above tips allow you to understand how important it is to do your research before leaving for the Umrah. Proper research will allow you to make the most of your trip and hopefully lead to a stronger connection with Allah and His Messenger.
Please share “The Dos and Don’ts of Umrah Packages 2021 – Amir Articles” with friends and family.