Setting up a brand new iPhone is an exciting experience and will hardly take an hour. Read this guide about “Unboxed A New iPhone”
Whether you are setting up your brand new device for the first time or you are switching from an old iPhone to the latest iPhone, you will be greeted by “Hello”. According to your language, you will be greeted by that particular language.
Got a New iPhone this Christmas eve? This is what you had been longing for, for almost 12 months. So, now you want to set it up. Setting up a brand new iPhone is an exciting experience and will hardly take an hour to complete the whole setup process. By below steps you can set up your new iPhone in no time:
How You Can Set It Up: Unboxed A New iPhone
Whether you are setting up your brand new device for the first time or you are switching from an old iPhone to the latest iPhone, you will be greeted by “Hello”. According to your language, you will be greeted by that particular language. For example, in English, you would be welcomed by “Hello”, in Nederland, you would be hailed by the “Hallo,” and in French, you would be welcomed by “Hola.” So:
- Select your language.
- Select your region or country.
Now the question is, what does the selection of region or country make a difference to us? The logic behind this question is that the availability of certain features is not the same in all regions. In the iPhone, every region has its date, time, numbers, and calendar. So for your convenience, select your original region and country.
Connection to a secured Wi-Fi:
To make your setup polite, connect your device to a secured Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi connection is required to connect your device to the server. Many updates will also take courtesy of a Wi-Fi connection.
Accept Apple Data & Privacy Information:
Go through Apple Data & Privacy Information and tap the “Continue” option.
Enable Location Service:
Location service attaches itself to many applications. This application only becomes functional only after the location service is enabled. You can enable this service by the followings phases:
- Settings> Privacy> Location service.
Do remember applications will only use location until you permit them.
Securing your phone with Face or Touch ID:
Create your passcode before setting up Face or Touch ID. Create your passcode as:
- Settings > Face ID & passcode
- Tap “Turn passcode on”
- View “Passcode options.”
- Set passcode according to your preference.
Alphanumeric Code and Custom Numeric Code are better options to opt for.
Setting up Face ID:
Face ID can be set up as:
- Move to settings > Face ID and passcode. Use the passcode you just made by following the above steps.
- Tap “Set Up Face ID.”
- Hold your device and position your face in front of the device.
- Tap “Get Started”
- Spot your face inside the frame and move your head slowly to complete the 1st Face scan.
- For the completion of the second Face scan, again move your head gently.
Setting up Touch ID:
Setting up Touch ID is as easy as setting up Face ID. This process comprises of following steps:
- Tap settings> Touch ID & passcode (Passcode that you just made in the above steps).
- Tap “Add a fingerprint.”
- Touch the “Touch ID sensor” with the help of your finger.
- Stay in there until you feel a vibration or until you are requested to lift your finger.
- Lift and rest your finger on the Home button repeatedly.
- In the next step, you will be asked to “Adjust your grip”.
- Tap “continue” to complete the “Touch ID” process.
Backup Your Data Either From Android:
After the setup, it is necessary to transfer your data from your old android phone to your brand new iPhone. Transferring data will take a little bit of time. So, have patience and follow as:
- Turn the Wi-Fi on.
- Plug your iPhone and your old Android phone into power.
- Move to App Data & screen.
- In-App Data & screen item tap on “Move Data From Android.”
- Now, on your Android device, click to Move to iOS app and tap “continue.”
- Agree to the terms and conditions to continue further.
- Wait for the Code screen.
- On your iOS device, click on “Continue” on the screen labeling “Move from Android.”
- Enter the 10-digit code on your Android device. In no time, “Transfer Data” will appear in front of you.
- On your Android device, select the data that you want to move to your new device
- Tap “Next”
- Tap “Done” on your Android device after your data is transferred successfully to your iPhone.
- “Finish Set up” for your iOS device.
Facing further any problem?
If something is still bothering you and you are unclear regarding your iPhone or all this setup process, you can get it to any iPhone repair shop or put your queries in the comment section below. Hope you love reading “Unboxed A New iPhone”
Please share “Unboxed A New iPhone? Here Is How You Can Set It Up – Amir Articles” with friends and family.