Have you just set up your Netgear N300 router but for some reason it isn’t connecting to the internet? If you are nodding your head to this question, then know that there isn’t anything to worry about. We have got you covered.
In this article, we’ll provide you with the basic as well as advanced troubleshooting tips to fix the issue at hand. So, without any further ado, let’s get down to it, shall we?
Resolved: Netgear N300 Router Not Connecting to Internet
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider
Before you follow any troubleshooting tip, give your Internet Service Provider (ISP) a call. Think about it – what’s the point of assuming that you made a mistake, when in reality, the internet issue might be from your ISP end.
If the internet issue is not because of your Internet Service Provider, then it’s time that you go through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below. Scroll down and read on.
- Check the Connection Between the WiFi Devices
Start by checking the connection between your Netgear N300 router and the modem. Is it strong enough? Are there any loose wires connecting both your WiFi devices? If yes, then make sure that the wire connecting devices is finger-tight.
Also, rather than connecting your device with a wire, you can connect them wirelessly.
- Relocate Your Netgear N300 WiFi Router
Place your Netgear N300 router away from physical obstructions like cordless phones, washing machines, microwave ovens, baby monitors, treadmills, and much more. The reason being, such devices can causer interference in the WiFi signals of your device.
Additionally, do not place your home router behind or inside a cupboard. Avoid placing your WiFi device far away from corners and concrete walls.
Now, access the www mywifiext net N300 web page and check whether the internet issue has been fixed or not. If not, then continue reading.
- Update the Firmware of the Netgear Router
Sometimes the reason why your Netgear router isn’t connecting to the internet is because of an outdated firmware. After all, an updated firmware is responsible for the proper functioning of your WiFi device.
Therefore, make sure that you update the firmware of your Netgear N300 routr before trying to perform Netgear router login.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to update the firmware of your device:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your system.
- Enter http://mywifiext in the address bar of your web browser.
- Fill in the default router login admin details.
- Go to the Settings option and update the firmware of your device.
Note: Give your Netgear N300 router a few minutes to get updated to its latest version.
- Perform Factory Default Reset
If sadly, your Netgear N300 router is still not connecting to the internet, then perhaps, you should give factory default reset a try.
Caution: Resetting your Netgear WiFi router will restore it to its factory default settings. In order words, whatever changes you’ve made to your WiFi device till date will get erased.
In case you still want to reset your WiFi device, follow the given below instructions:
- Open a new tab in the web browser that you’re currently using.
- Log into your Netgear N300 WiFi router.
- Use 192.168.1.250 default IP address to log into your WiFi device.
- Go to Backup Settings under the Settings option.
- Look for the Erase button and click on it.
Wait for some time until and unless your device gets restored to its factory default settings.
In case you get stuck at some point, feel free to get in touch with our team of experts at any hour of the day. They are available 24/7 to assist you.