When it comes to accessing a blazing-fast internet, you can blindly trust a Netgear extender. The Netgear wireless range extender amplifies the WiFi signals emitted by your router and provides high-speed internet. It means no buffering while watching an online video or playing games. But, at times many users report about a slow WiFi. If you are also experiencing the same, then we are here to guide you. In this article, we will discuss the reasons along with the troubleshooting tips to fix the slow WiFi speed on the Netgear extender. So, read on.
Fixed: Slow WiFi on Netgear Extender
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
When was the last time you rebooted your extender? Probably a long ago! This is why you are facing slow WiFi speed on your Netgear wireless range extender. So, without any delay, reboot your WiFi device.
Follow the steps given below to reboot your Netgear wireless range extender:
- Disconnect your WiFi-enabled devices from the extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Let your wireless extender stay without power for a while.
- Once done, plug it back into the wall socket and switch on the Power button.
Now, check if the issue resolves. In case, it is still there, move to the next troubleshooting hack.
- Relocate Your Extender
When you perform Netgear extender setup it is highly recommended to position it correctly. If the WiFi is slow on your extender, then chances are that you have placed it incorrectly. Maybe you have placed it beneath the table or inside a cabinet. So, relocate your WiFi device and take care of the following points while doing so:
- Place your Netgear extender close to the WiFi router. This will make it easy for the extender to detect the WiFi signals coming from your home router.
- Avoid placing your wireless extender in a corner or near a concrete wall.
- Do not place your WiFi device near electronic gadgets, reflexive surfaces, metal objects, and Bluetooth devices. Doing so will ensure that there is no interference in the path of your extender’s WiFi signals.
- Keep your Netgear wireless range extender in a cool and well-ventilated area to prevent overheating.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices Properly
Placing the Netgear extender correctly bears no result? It seems that your extender and router are not connected properly. Although you can connectboth devices wirelessly still the connection is weak. So, grab an Ethernet cable and replace a wireless connection with its help. Make the connection finger-tight and check if the Ethernet cable is damage-free or not.
- Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update
Did the aforementioned troubleshooting tips fail to speed up your WiFi? Looks like you forgot to update the firmware of your WiFi device. No worries! You can do it now by following the below-mentioned instructions:
- Turn on your Netgear wireless extender and let the LED lights glow solid green.
- Now, connect the wireless extender and router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, switch on your computer and launch a web browser on it.
- Now, download the firmware update file for your wireless range extender and save it at the desired location on your PC.
- Thereafter, open a new tab and type 192.168.1.250 in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender.
- So, refer to the Netgear user manual and type the default username and password of your device in the required fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- Note: If you are facing issues while trying to access 192.168.1.250, then use mywifiext to log in to your Netgear device.
- The extender setup wizard will appear.
- Head towards the Other Settings page and click the Firmware Update option.
- Browse the firmware file you downloaded.
- Once found, click the Upload button.
- As soon as you upload the file, the extender firmware update process will start.
Updating your device will definitely fix the issue for you . So, you can connect your WiFi-compatible devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext and enjoy uninterrupted internet.
In the Nutshell
Slow WiFi on the extender can halt your important online tasks. So, it is necessary to get rid of the issue. We hope that by following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this article, you will be able to increase the WiFi speed on your Netgear wireless range extender.