Bacteria are tiny, unicellular microorganisms that are found all over inside and outside our body and surroundings. Indeed most of the bacteria are harmful but some of them are quite helpful too. Like, the ones in your gut help in the digestion of the food you intake. However, some bacteria lead to infections which are quite dangerous sometimes.
Disease-causing bacteria mostly enter your body through cuts, surgical wounds or bug bites where they multiply leading to an infection. Besides these routes, the bacteria can enter via air thus causing infections like pneumonia. Antibiotics like klox 250 are often prescribed by doctors to treat bacterial infections.
What Are The Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections?
Usually, the symptoms of bacterial infection depend upon the location where the infection occurs and the symptoms may vary among individuals. Some of the common symptoms of bacterial infections include:
- Fever and chills
- Swelling in the lymph nodes
- Excessive exhaustion
- Swelling, soreness or flushing of the skin
- Pain in the abdomen
- Upset stomach
If any of the above symptoms remain for a long time then talk to your doctor immediately and seek help. Most doctors prescribe klox 250 antibiotics to treat throat, ear, nasal, respiratory tract, and skin infections. Klox 250 is quite effective in stopping gram-positive bacteria growth.
When To Seek A Doctor’s Help?
One should consult a doctor immediately on experiencing any of the following signs:
- Pain during urination or bowel movements
- Severe abdominal pain
- Abnormal discharge from genitals
- Painful wounds with oozing pus
- Severe diarrhoea
- High fever
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Lack of consciousness
- Cold feet and hands
How To Prevent Bacterial Infections?
Bacterial infections can be dangerous if left untreated. Prevention is always better than cure. To prevent bacterial infections good hygiene should be practised in the best possible way. Follow the preventive measures given below to reduce the risk of getting bacterial infections:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with water and frequently
- Keeping the handkerchief on the mouth while coughing and sneezing
- Don’t share your personal belongings with anyone else
- Keep yourself hydrated and you’re skin moisturised
- Keep your wounds and sores clean and covered with the sterile bandage
- Eat thoroughly cooked meat
Is Bacterial And Viral Infection Same?
Although bacterial and viral infections may sound similar and may share some common symptoms, they are quite different from each other. The treatment of an infection mostly depends on the type of microbes and the site of infection.
Antibiotics are the medications used to treat bacterial infections while antiviral drugs are used for the cure of viral infections. Both can’t be mixed or interchanged as it can lead to some serious side effects.
How To Treat Bacterial Infections?
Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics. Based on the type, severity, locality of the infection and species of bacteria the doctor will prescribe the most effective antibiotic. These are available in the form of oral pills, topical ointment or creams and in the form of injection.
Klox 250 is the most commonly prescribed antibiotics to treat bacterial infections. Klox 250 contains cloxacillin as an active drug component and should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by your doctor.
Though klox 250 is quite effective in treating the infections caused by susceptible bacteria, however, this antibiotic isn’t meant for treating the common cold, flu and viral infections.
How Do Klox 250 Works?
Klox is just like penicillin that kills bacteria by forming a protective cell wall that requires them to survive.
Why Should One Not Take Antibiotics When Not Needed?
Antibiotics should only be taken when required as they can lead to some potential side effects and can cause antibiotic resistance. This leads to the change in bacteria making them resistant to the effect of an antibiotic resulting in the growth of bacteria causing chronic health complications.
What Is the Correct Way To Take Antibiotics?
To make the most out of it, keep the following things in mind while taking the antibiotic:
- Take it as prescribed by your doctor. Do not alter the dose on your own and always complete the prescribed dose even if you start feeling better.
- Do not start or stop the intake of antibiotics without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t take the antibiotics prescribed for others as it may increase the risk of side effects and may turn your situation worse.
- Also don’t give the antibiotics prescribed for you to others.
What Infections Are Treated With Antibiotics?
Bacteria can affect any of your organs leading to infections which may quite be serious sometimes. Following are some infections that are treated by antibiotics:
- Skin infection
- Nasal sinus
- Throat infection
- Ear infection
- Dental infection
- Kidney and bladder infections
- Whooping cough
Following are some commonly used antibiotic drug classes and most antibiotics fall under these :
What Are The Side Effects Of Antibiotics?
Klox 250 and all the other antibiotics belonging to the same or different drug classes lead to some potential side effects some of which are mild and may go on in some time. Following are a few most commonly experienced side effects of antibiotics:
- Skin rashes
- Prolonged use of certain antibiotics can also cause fungal infections in various body organs like the mouth, digestive tract and genital areas.
In some rare cases, antibiotics can cause the following side effects which may need immediate medical attention:
- Sulphonamides can lead to kidney stones
- Tetracyclines may increase your sensitivity towards sunlight
- Certain cephalosporins can lead to abnormal blood clotting
- Prolonged use of erythromycin and the aminoglycosides may lead to deafness
Though all these side effects are rare yet need immediate medical assistance if they persist longer.
Bacterial infections are one of the common forms of infections with general symptoms like fever, diarrhoea and pain. These symptoms may vary depending upon the body parts they occur. Doctors prescribe antibiotics to cure bacterial infections as untreated bacterial infections can lead to several chronic health complications.