An excursion to the desert from Dubai is one of the best experiences you can enjoy in this city of infinite skyscrapers and in constant evolution.
After completing the list of all the places to see in Dubai, if you have an extra day, we advise you to go to the Arabian Desert that surrounds the city, where we are sure; you will live an unforgettable experience.
The large sand dunes, this desert located among the driest and largest on the planet, are perfect for releasing adrenaline while surfing the dunes and disconnecting from the noise of the great metropolis.
Based on the experience of our visit to the desert during the trip to Dubai, we have made this guide to make the best excursion to the desert in Dubai. Let’s start!
Best Desert Safari tour from Dubai
The first thing you have to keep in mind when doing desert safari dubai is that you must do it with a local agency, as it is forbidden to do it on your own. You have to be aware that it is an immense desert in which you could easily get lost or have an accident, if you do not have the driving skills on dunes that the locals have.
All excursions to the best desert safari dubai include hotel pick-up and a stretch of more than an hour by road to reach the dune area. From here you can try the experience of driving a buggy or a quad through the desert dunes, after receiving some driving lessons on sand.
Another safer option is to take a 45-minute tour up and down the dunes with a 4×4 driven by a local expert, which is also included in the price of the excursion and is one of the top experiences you can have.
In addition, these tours include sand boarding, an activity that consists of sliding with a surfboard from the top of a dune.
After releasing all the adrenaline with these activities, you can continue the tour watching a fantastic sunset from the top of a dune and watch how the orange tones of the desert sand change.
Normally these desert safari dubai include dinner. In this case, the 4×4 driver will take you to a camp located in the middle of the desert, where you can try the local food and skewers of different types of meat made on a barbecue.
Also, after eating the traditional sweets accompanied by mint tea, you will enjoy an entertaining fire and belly dance show.
Another more exclusive desert excursion from Dubai is the one where you sleep one night in a Bedouin camp in the middle of the desert enjoying a starry sky and local food.
We leave you a list of the best excursions of the best desert safari dubai so that you can choose according to your preferences, we made the first one:
- Desert Safari tour with dinner and show
- Dubai Tour + Desert Safari
- Luxury safari and overnight in the desert
- Dubai desert quad tour
- Desert buggy tour
Best Desert Safari Dubai Tips:
This list of tips will help you enjoy the best desert tour from Dubai:
- It is advisable to bring cold water, comfortable and light clothing, sunscreen and a hat or scarf.
- Protect cameras and electronic devices well with a bag to prevent fine sand from entering and damaging them.
- If you are going to tour the dunes and you have a tendency to get dizzy, take a biodramine pill beforehand as sometimes the driving is quite extreme.
- Avoid doing any activity with animals such as camels or falcons, they are all optional and with this attitude you will help to eradicate them and promote responsible tourism.
- If you are clear about the dates of your trip to the United Arab Emirates, book the excursion as soon as possible to avoid running out of space, especially if it is high season (December and January) or weekend
Recommendations to go to the Desert Safari Dubai
- Naturally, traveling to a desert can be problematic, uncomfortable, or inappropriate for certain people.
- That is why certain recommendations must be followed to try to ensure that the result is the best for all those involved.
- Children under 1 years of age are not allowed to participate in any of the Dubai desert tours and safaris. Although there is an option in which they can rent a private vehicle and take responsibility for the minor or minors inside.
- The participation of pregnant women is also not allowed for the well-being of themselves and their children.
- It is recommended to wear light clothing, without carrying heavy luggage and unnecessary items for the tour.
- In the winter time it is recommended to bring some type of coat for when night falls.