Hidden Tactics to Resolve TP-Link Repeater Slow Internet Issue
Are you unable to meet your important work deadline because of a slow internet issue? If you are nodding your head in yes, then it is recommended that you walk through this post. Here, we have discussed some of the best troubleshooting hacks following which you will surely be able to get rid of the TP-Link repeater slow internet issue in a matter of minutes.
Resolved: TP-Link Repeater Slow Internet Issue
Reboot Your TP-Link Repeater
Start troubleshooting the slow internet connection issue by doing the obvious: rebooting your TP-Link wireless repeater. Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot or restart your device:
- Disconnect your TP-Link repeater from the host router.
- Unplug your repeater from its wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your repeater back into its wall socket.
- Reconnect your TP-Link repeater to the host router.
Whether you have performed TP Link AC750 setup or configured any other repeater model at home, the process of rebooting will remain the same for all.
Scan For Viruses
Sometimes, your internet connection can get affected by malicious software on your computer. Therefore, do a scan for viruses, malware, and spyware, all of which have a bad impact on your web surfing speed and overall system performance.
If you find any virus gripping your device, it is recommended that you install antivirus software. That will surely work wonders for you.
Avoid WiFi Interference
If you have placed your TP-Link wireless repeater near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, aluminum studs, refrigerators, microwave ovens, and utensils containing water, you are bound to face the slow internet connection issue.
The reason being, such things can cause interference in the WiFi signals of your TP-Link repeater thereby degrading its performance. To troubleshoot the issue, consider changing the location of your TP-Link wireless repeater.
Upgrade the Firmware
Your TP-Link wireless repeater comes embedded with firmware. It is a software that adds new features to your device, increases internet speed, and removes performance-related issues. Check whether there is a pending firmware update for your TP-Link repeater. If there is, then follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to update your device:
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link repeater.
- Extract the firmware file.
- Open a brand new tab on your internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the tplinkrepeater.net login page.
- Fill in the default admin details and click the Log In button.
- Once you are on the Quick Setup wizard, click the Settings menu.
- Select the System Tools option, and click Firmware Update.
- Click the Browse button.
- Your device will locate the firmware file that you downloaded earlier.
- Once found, click Upload.
- In some time, the firmware of your TP-Link repeater will get updated.
Now, see whether you are still struggling with the slow internet connection issue. If you are, it is recommended that you follow the next hack.
Perform Factory Default Reset
If you are reading this point, then it means nothing has worked for you to get rid of the slow internet issue. But, worry not. This hack will surely be of some assistance to you.
Walk through the guidelines outlined below and get to know how to restore your TP-Link wireless repeater to the factory default settings:
- Locate the Reset button on your TP-Link wireless repeater.
- Once located, carefully press it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
As soon as you are done resetting your device, reconfigure it. You can do so by either using the Manual method or the TP Link app. The choice is yours.
As you see, we have reached the end of our post on how to troubleshoot the TP-Link repeater slow internet issue. We hope that taking the help of the hacks mentioned above, you will be able to bid adieu to the slow internet connection issue.
If you are aware of any other troubleshooting hack through which this issue can be resolved, do not forget to share it with your fellow readers.