QuickBooks is a software that can be used by every organization. Read about QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001, and how to fix it.
QuickBooks is a software that can be used by every organization, be it mid-sized small, or big scale businesses. The software is so easy to use that if you spend some time learning the software, you don’t need a professional accountant or bookkeeper to save a lot of time and money.
The software’s only problem is that it is prone to errors and issues, but all these errors and issues can also be fixed by tools like QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor.
Talking about different error QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 is one of them. In this post, you will get to know about the error -6073, -99001, the primary root causes, and the methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error. So please give it a good, careful read to understand this particular error better.
QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001?
QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 mainly occurs when you try to open a company file on your PC or any other workstation connected to your server. When you try opening your Company file, you may receive one of the following messages:
- QuickBooks Desktop software has not been able to open this Company file.
- Another user on some other workstation may have opened it.
The root cause of QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001
The primary root cause of QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 are as follows:
- The Company File is already opened on another workstation or any other PC connected to your server.
- The Company File that you’re trying to open is located in a different read-only network folder.
- The Company Files are hosted on the Linux server, and these files are using more than one set of these login credentials to sign in to the shared folder.
- The file is accessed using remote software, and the host PC still sees that that user is yet to log in.
These are some root causes of QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001. Now that you know the root causes of QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001, you should see how you can fix the error -6073,-99001. To understand how to fix it, you must read our next segment.
How to fix QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001?
To fix QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001, you need to follow the given methods:
Method1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
You can fix these Company file issues and the network issues with different tools like QuickBooks File Doctor and QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Method 2: Manually resolve the error -6073, -99001
If the Company file is already opened in another workstation which is connected to the server:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software in all PCs connected to the server.
- Open the Company file, which is stored on the Host PC.
- Go to the particular Company File menu, and then select Switch to Multi-user mode.
- If you are getting the same issue, reboot all workstations which are connected to the server.
If the Company File that you are trying to open in Single User mode on the Host PC.
- Go to the Company File menu, then select Close Company File.
- Re-open the Company file.
- Open the File menu and then Open or Restore the Company.
- Select Open a Company file, then Next.
- Select your Company file.
- Select the Open file in the multi-user mode, and then Open it again.
If the Company File that you are trying to open is located in a read-only network folder
- Go to the PC that is hosting your Company file.
- Open the particular folder where your Company file is saved.
- Right-click the folder, then select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Check Allow for Full Control.
- Select Apply, then OK.
Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub (Downloaded in Method 1).
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your Company File data.
In conclusion, QuickBooks is a software used to manage the books and accounting of your organization. The software is so easy to use that you efficiently work the whole thing yourself.
The software’s main disadvantage is that different errors and issues surround it though that is not the end of the world. You can quickly fix these issues by using software like QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor. I hope that you find this article informative and helpful.
Please share “What is QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001? Guide to Fix them Easily” with Friends and Family.