QuickBooks is accounting software that helps businesses to track their finances, cashflow, inventory, customer data, and other information. But there are some issues and errors like QuickBooks Error 3371 that disturb users to use this software smoothly. In this article, we discuss QB won’t open errors and some troubleshooting methods to fix that easily. When it comes to your system then restrict the user to access the company file. Before we discuss the resolving steps, it’s important to know about the factors that trigger this issue. Read the complete article till the end to know more. Now, let’s start:-
Causes of Won’t Open Error
There are the following reasons behind this error:-
- When the company name is long or exceeds the limits.
- If the hard drive that you are using is corrupted.
- The QuickBooks desktop installation is inappropriate.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is damaged.
- If your operating system is not updated.
Symptoms of QB Won’t Open Error
- If your QuickBooks software starts freezing.
- The company file of QuickBooks doesn’t open.
- Your Windows operating system runs sluggishly.
- The system starts hanging again and again.
- When your system stops responding to the inputs like keyboard and mouse.
Important Points Before Resolving
You have to follow these steps before starting the process of troubleshooting methods of this error:-
- You have to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- On your workstation turn off the hosting.
- The QuickBooks desktop application suppresses it.
- The TLG and ND file of your company file has to be renamed.
- Installation of your QuickBooks Desktop repair.
Method to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue
There are a number of methods below that are helpful for you to troubleshoot the QuickBooks won’t open error:-
Method 1- Run Quick Fix my Program
Step 1-Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Initially, you have to close the QuickBooks.
- Then, download the QuickBooks tool hub from the official website and then save the file where you can access it easily.
- Now, open the downloaded file and follow the instruction to start the installation process.
- Click on the I Agree to accept all the terms and conditions that appear on your screen.
- Lastly, click on the icon to open the tool.
Step 2- Start Quick Fix my Program
- When QuickBooks Tool Hub is downloaded then run Quick Fix my program.
- Now, select the program problem and choose to quickly fix my program.
- Finally, choose QuickBooks desktop and open the file. You may also run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix this issue.
Method 2- Run QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks tool hub and choose installation issues.
- Then, select QuickBooks, install the diagnostic tool, and start it.
- Now, wait for some time, it will take up to 20 minutes.
- When the task is done then restart your computer.
- Finally, start QuickBooks and open the data file.
Method 3- From Different Location Open Company File
- Initially, press the Windows+E key at the same time.
- Search for the data file with the .qbw file extension. When you locate the file location on the network server then you need to search to the network drive where the data is located.
- Then, right-click on it and tap on a copy.
- Now, search the C:drive and create a new folder, and name that QBTEST.
- After that, open the QBTEST folder and paste the company file.
- Open the QuickBooks and hold the Ctrl key.
- Finally, press open or restore an existing company and verify the C:\QBTEST folder. And open the company file that is saved in the QBTEST folder.
Method 4- QBW32.exe Process Close
- Open the Windows taskbar and open it then select the start task manager option.
- Then, tap on the process tab and click on the image name header to arrange the process alphabetically.
- Now, search and choose EXE.
- Lastly, tap on End Process to close the exe process.
Method 5- Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- First of all, click Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.
- Choose the Task Manager option and click on the Process tab.
- Now, click on any QuickBooks processes and tap on the end process.
- You will receive the confirmation process and choose End All Process.
- Again restart the QuickBooks and click on Repair QuickBooks.
Method 6- Start New Windows as Admin User
- Firstly, click on the Control Panel and open it.
- Then, click on User Account > Manage User > Add.
- Now, type the name and domain of the administrator then tap on OK.
- If you are using Windows 10 then choose Administrator.
- Lastly, tap on the finish that will direct to the User Accounts dialogue box and tap on Ok.
Method 7- Rename QBWUSER.INI file
- Open the folder where the ini files are stored.
- If you are not able to find it then enable the hidden folders and files.
- Then, right-click on QBWUSER.ini.file
- Select the rename from the list of other options.
- Now, type .old in the last of all the file names.
- At the same time, try to rename the ecml.file
- Finally, the issue is resolved. Verify whether the QuickBooks Won’t open is solved or not.
Method 8- Re-Registered QuickBooks
- First of all, you have to verify whether the QuickBooks desktop is registered or not.
- Then, open the QuickBooks.
- Click on the F2 button and then the Product Information will appear on your screen.
- Now, enter the license number then the registration status will show up.
- If the QuickBooks is registered then don’t conduct any other things.
- If QB is not registered then ensure that to follow the more steps given below.
- After that, you have to close the product information screen and move to the Help menu.
- Now, choose the Active QuickBooks option.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your system and check the activation procedure.
In this post, we discussed the Troubleshoot Method of QB Won’t Open Error. We hope that all the given resolving steps mentioned above are helpful for you and fix all the errors that appear on your system. If you have any issues or errors that disturb your work then visit our other articles to resolve them.