Lithium ion battery packs have revolutionized the world of batteries. From cars to heavy industries, the lithium-ion battery is already powering the world of the future, and the same is true for the home power backup category. In this article, we will understand what a lithium ion battery pack is, and explain some of the benefits that you get when you opt for this new battery technology compared to conventional lead-acid batteries.
Image Source: Luminous India
What is a Lithium-ion Battery?
It’s a type of rechargeable battery made up of cells containing lithium ions. These lithium-ion particles move from the electrodes via electrolytes creating a positive charge. These batteries have high energy density, along with high energy retention capabilities, making them one of the most powerful, and energy-efficient batteries currently available in the market.
Advantages of Lithium ion battery pack
- Smaller Size compared to Lead-Acid Batteries: Lithium-ion batteries are comparatively smaller than a lead-acid battery, making them easy to set up in small spaces and for transporting. However, even though they are smaller in size, they pack more power as they can be 3 times more powerful than a lead-acid battery which makes them a perfect choice in terms of logistics and power backup.
- Low Self Discharge: The batteries have high energy retention capabilities, thanks to its low self-discharge. This means that once fully charged, the batteries can stay charged for longer without requiring additional charging in between which makes for great savings on electricity bills.
- Capable of High Energy Bursts: A lithium ion battery pack can deliver high energy bursts and is exceptional at handling the load requirements of heavy-duty appliances that require more power.
- No Fumes and Spillage: Since they are not acid-based, there is no risk of the batteries releasing harmful fumes or gasses, nor is there a risk of any spillage making these batteries the safest option for homes with kids and the elderly.
- Battery Management System: Some lithium-ion battery packs come with battery management systems that make the batteries even more efficient, further expanding their energy and power capacities. This gives the batteries excellent value proposition.
Industries where Lithium ion battery packs can be used:
- Emergency Power Backup: It offers instant power to safely run and shut down appliances whenever there is an outage. Systems like computers, communication technology and medical appliances can hugely benefit from a lithium ion battery pack.
- Powering the Next Generation of Electric Vehicles: Lithium ion battery packs are known for providing stable and long-lasting power and can easily last for up to 10 years. Therefore, they are perfect for powering the next generation of electric vehicles as one can rely on the batteries and safely explore even the remotest of locations without worrying about energy and power delivery.
- Solar Industry: They are extensively being used in the solar power industry as the batteries can store and retain energy for longer periods of time. This comes in handy when there is less sunlight, and the batteries need to be charged and store energy quickly. This allows for maximum optimization of whatever sunlight is available during that time.
Lithium ion battery packs are the next big thing and are a giant leap in battery technology, perfect for the modern world. It is not only powering current generation appliances but is fully capable of powering even the most demanding next-generation technologies.
One such technological marvel is the Li-ON Lithium Verter from Luminous, a next-gen inverter with an inbuilt lithium ion battery pack designed to offer exceptional power and performance. So, if you are looking for an inverter that comes with extended energy and power capacity designed from the ground to deliver an experience you won’t soon forget, then make sure you check out this new inverter from the house of Luminous right away!