What Are the Chances of Getting Sleep Apnea?
Have you been facing any difficulty in getting quality sleep? Do repeated breaks in breathing often disrupt your sleep? It is quite common to experience breathing problems while sleeping. Once in a while, but if it happens regularly, the situation can be different.
Sleep apnea is a common sleep disorder in which breathing stops and repeatedly starts while sleeping, and it gets hard to get any quality sleep. It is also known as obstructive sleep apnea, in which the airways get blocked due to the relaxation of the throat muscle. Sleep apnea is more common among overweight, obese or has cardiovascular diseases. In addition, men are more likely to develop obstructive sleep apnea than women.
Researchers have estimated that around 22 million people in the United States suffer from sleep apnea or related illnesses. People who are diagnosed with sleep apnea have an increased risk of getting high blood pressure, recurrent heart attack, stroke, and abnormal heartbeats(atrial fibrillation). Experiencing difficulty in getting an erection is more common among people diagnosed with sleep apnea. Research shows that almost half of the people with sleep apnea do experience some symptoms of erectile difficulty. Taking pills like Cenforce 100 and Viagra are known to help in getting an erection by increasing the blood flow in the penis.
What Are the Warning Signs of Sleep Apnea?
The sign and symptoms of sleep apnea can be witnessed by a spouse more easily than the patient. Loud snoring and feeling tiered are considered the most common sign of sleep apnea. Some of the other common signs of sleep apnea are as follows.
- Gasping for air during the sleep cycle
- Difficulty staying asleep(insomnia)
- Increased daytime sleepiness
- Loud snoring
- Waking up with a dry mouth
- Waking up with a headache
- Episodes of stopped breathing during sleep
- Difficulty in concentration during the day
- Mood changes, depression, and irritability
- Experiencing erectile difficulty
- Repetitive awakening during night
- Decreased libido
One should not delay getting any treatment for such symptoms as they can be a sign of certain underlying medical conditions that trigger sleep apnea. For example, to treat the difficulty in getting an erection, one can think of taking a pill known by the name of Cenforce 100 that is known to treat such difficulties.
Who Is at the Highest Risk of Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is one of the most common types of sleep disorder diagnosed. Medical researchers estimate that around 100 million people in the global suffer from sleep apnea. Certain risk factors put an individual at a high risk to develop a disorder like sleep apnea. Some of the risk factors of sleep apnea are as follows.
- Overweight: People who are overweight or obese have an excess amount of fat deposit in their upper respiratory tract, resulting in narrowed airways. It gets difficult to breath during sleep. Reduced muscle activity in the nosal region leads to loud snoring. Obesity can also make it hard to maintain healthy intimate relationships, one can rely on pill Cenforce 100 and Viagra if any erection related issue arises.
- Age: Though sleep apnea can occur at any age irrespective of gender or race. The risk of developing sleep apnea increases as one ages, it is more common among people who are above the age of 50 years. The risk of experiencing erection problems also increases with increase in age. It is a privilege to have tablets like Cenforce 100 available to help get or stay erect.
- High Blood Pressure: It is common among sleep apnea patients to have elevated blood pressure levels. Repeated interruptions in breathing during the sleep cycle lead to low oxygen levels and put constant pressure on the cardiovascular system. Hence, the blood pressure level escalates.
- Genetic factors: Researchers have estimated that sleep apnea can be genetically linked up to 40% and rest is influenced by certain environmental and lifestyle factors like taking an unhealthy diet, not exercising regularly and being obese.
- Smoking: People who smoke are two to three times more likely to develop sleep apnea due to the inflammation and fluid retention in the upper respiratory airway. Smoking also leads to shrinkage of the blood vessels in the body and cause erectile difficulty if the nerves in the penile region get damaged. One can prefer taking Cenforce 100 or Viagra that are known to treat erectile problems.
- Gender: Sleep apnea is more common among men than women because of certain pathophysiological reasons like the upper airway in men is more vulnerable owing to increased compliance (due to increased neck circumference) and to increased pharyngeal airway length.
- Medical condition: Medical conditions like type 2 diabetes, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and Parkinson’s diseases are known to increase the chances of sleep apnea. Such medical condition can make it quite difficult for men to have an erection that is firm enough for intercourse. To get a solution to all erection problems, one can easily think of taking Cenforce 100 or Viagra.
CONCLUSION: Sleep apnea is a treatable medical condition, medication can work fine for a while, but to eradicate the disease, medical professionals recommend losing weight or having a surgery to remove the excess tissue from the palate or throat. Do not try to self medicate any symptom of sleep apnea by taking pills like Cenforce 100 or Viagra that might not been recommended by the doctor.
NOTE: All the medication taken to treat sleep apnea should be backed up by proper prescriptions. Tablets like Cenforce 100 and Viagra should be taken under proper medical guidance.