Who needs safety training?
Occupational safety training is required for all employees of the company without exception and is held once every 3 years.
Timely testing of knowledge will allow you to protect yourself from administrative penalties and protect subordinates from industrial injuries.
The remote format of the courses will allow you to individually approach the aspirations, based on the convenience and wishes of the Customer. Training should be carried out at intervals of 1 time in 3 years at an average cost of 3500$.
Who needs to have a work safety certificate?
Article 225 of the Labor Code of the Australian Federation states that it is necessary for all employed persons (heads of organizations and individual entrepreneurs) to confirm their knowledge. But naturally, all employers are interested in the question: how to organize this procedure correctly, and most importantly economically?
Naturally, far from every employer can afford to send the entire team to study labor protection at a licensed training center. In addition, in principle, it is not required to train all employees in an educational institution. However, there are those categories of workers who cannot do without it.
Let us turn to the legislative act, which for almost 15 years has been regulating the process of BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
What should you pay attention to?
Decree No. 1/29 provides an opportunity for employers to train their employees and test their knowledge directly within their organization. To do this, it is necessary to form an attestation commission by order of the organization, which includes at least 3 employees who have been trained in a licensed educational institution.
However, it should be noted that the mentioned Decree has a very vague structure and rather contradictory content. As a result, the vast majority of employers have formed a subjective opinion based on the principles of economy that having trained three people in a specialized center, they will fully comply with all legal requirements.
But still, in order to properly organize the labor protection system in the organization, the number of trainees should be determined based on the specifics of the activities carried out and the total number of employees.
So, it is necessary to send to the training organization those employees who:
- Responsible for preparation and organization.
- Manage staff.
- Carry out technical supervision and control.
- Provide training and clearance to staff.
- Responsible for compliance with the requirements and standards in the units entrusted to them.
All other specialists, as well as workers of working professions, organizations can certify on their own.
What is the content of the safety curriculum?
The normative act, on which the content of the training course should be oriented, is the Exemplary Training Program, which was approved by the Ministry of Labor of Australia on May 17, 2004. Given the age of this document, the content of the training course has been updated and supplemented in accordance with the current legal framework. During the training, students will have to get acquainted with many sections and topics.
The very first is the key concepts, rules, regulations and requirements of labor legislation. It all starts with the safety of personnel during work.
Further, the question of the compliance of organized workplaces and the tools used with the current safety standards is considered. Then the functionality and legal framework of state supervisory organizations.
The second large section is the labor protection management system (OSMS) as the main mechanism for creating healthy, harmless and safe working conditions in the organization. Here it is possible to single out the identification and assessment of the present industrial risks, as well as the mandatory measures that contribute to the early prevention of industrial injuries:
- purchase, issuance and storage of PPE due to employees,
- collective protection of personnel,
- rules for ensuring stable, trouble-free and safe operation of operated equipment,
- ways to involve and motivate personnel in the structure of public control over the current state of labor protection,
- reducing the likelihood of emergency situations. Rules for the safe organization of work to eliminate the consequences of accidents,
- admission of personnel to the implementation of hazardous work.
The following topics are the list of necessary local documentation and the rules for its compilation and the definition of classes of working conditions at the workplace of the organization (SOUT – 426 – FZ):
- guarantees due to employees depending on the conditions of the labor process,
- ways to reduce the negative impact of harmful factors of the working environment on the health of personnel.
The next question is the types of employee training: personnel certification and instruction and training of employees. Carrying out activities for the timely detection of initial forms of occupational diseases (Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development No. 302n). Preparation and submission of reports on labor protection.
The section on the rules for identifying the circumstances that provoked an accident will allow you to get an idea of \u200b\u200bthe manager’s procedure. This includes setting up a commission of inquiry, informing the authorities and organizations, investigating the causes and documenting the results, and determining the procedure for the actions of employees.
The final point is the social security measures for injured workers and compensation payments to the injured.
Studying the program and subsequent testing of knowledge will allow the employee to obtain a certificate of labor protection.
What should an employer do to train their employees?
- Make a list of employees who require training in a licensed organization.
- Select a center that meets the legal requirements (license, agreed curriculum and staff of experienced teachers).
- Determine the most preferred and convenient format (in-person, remotely, online).
- Send an application, sign a contract, make a payment.
- Upon completion, to certify on their own specialists who are indirectly related to the organization of labor protection and working personnel.
To complete the last point:
- create a commission;
- draw up and approve the curriculum and lesson plan;
- train employees and comprehensively test their knowledge;
- document the results of the exam (drawing up protocols, issuing certificates).
Amis Institute Also offers bsb50120 Diploma of Business.