So you have come up with fabulous-looking custom socks using the finest materials. But you are not selling enough to be in the game for a long time, and now you are becoming frustrated with each passing day and doubting your decision to create custom socks. Don’t worry; you are not the only person who has failed to sell their new products. With today’s technologies and resources, creating custom socks is easy, but promoting and generating sales is still an endeavor.
There are mistakes every first-time entrepreneur/ shop owner makes. However, you don’t have to make the same mistakes; you can learn and improve yourself.
Start by being authentic to yourself and connecting with your audience. If your custom socks don’t reverberate, they will not buy them. That’s why it’s critical to be precise and tap into your niche market. It’s better to have a small group of dedicated supporters than a vast unengaged community.
- Word-of-the-mouth: It sounds like a broken record, but word-of-the-mouth is still one of the most vital and effective tools for promoting your custom socks. How can you expect the socks to sell if people don’t know about them? You don’t have to use majestic marketing techniques; you can use different social media channels or free giveaways. Talking about custom socks at events or in the community is often enough to attract prospects and customers.
- Not listening to your customers: It is challenging to sell custom socks when the design doesn’t resonate with the customers. One of the easiest ways to do this is going directly to the source, i.e., asking the customers. Your followers have a different perspective on your business, and sometimes they know better than you. They are more likely to know which designs, materials, styles, catchphrases, etc. sell. You can use this to your advantage to create custom socks that have a meaningful connection to your audience.
If your followers are more engaged in the design process, they are more likely to buy your products. It displays you value their views and understand their importance. Follow these tips to engage with your audience:
- Ask them open-ended questions about the designs of the next socks.
- Run a poll so people can pick their favorite designs.
- Go Live and talk about your items.
3. Confused about their niche: It is easier to sell custom socks when you understand your niche market. You can connect and market to the right people. Successful businesses take their time when they think and research their target audience. The result: they end up creating custom merch with a vast appeal. E.g., if you are making custom socks for yoga/ pilates, it would be better to find out the issues like grips, materials, dot- count at the soles, etc.
4. Build on your brand: As a business owner, it’s vital to build custom socks according to your brand image. Imagine you are in the corporate product business, and you create custom socks for gym-going people. It doesn’t complement each other. You can build upon your brand and move vertically in the niche before jumping on a horizontal niche.
For custom socks to feel authentic, please take your time and design with intention. Consider the message you want to communicate with your products and ensure they are cohesive to the brand aesthetic. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try out various elements to see what resonates with your audience.
5. Make your shop a stylish experience: Most people shop online these days, and if your website looks outdated, they won’t feel comfortable. The custom socks need to fit in cohesively with the other products. It instills confidence in customers and ensures the socks are of the same quality as the other products.
6. Trying to do everything alone: Entrepreneurs like responsibilities, but it is also a problem. They think they have to do everything on their own. However, it can be pretty stressful, and cause sub-par custom socks. It is always better to ask for help from family and friends; you never know, they can provide some amazing ideas or images. If there are small businesses in your community, you can also ask them for help. Most people will help; ask first.
7. Not leveraging photos: Your custom socks won’t sell themselves; put some effort into making them look good on the website and social media. It seems simple enough, but it can be the differentiating factor in making a profit or going dud. Use high-quality pictures of regular people wearing custom socks. It saves you money and makes your brand feel authentic. You can ask your friends and family members for a photoshoot.
8. Failing to cross-promote: Even after doing a business for a long-time, some people feel nervous about the idea of selling a new product. However, you must go out and use every opportunity to promote the socks. Talk about them on social media, YouTube, trade shows, public events/ gatherings, etc. You never know who might be interested in buying some socks and supporting your work.
9. Not providing value to the audience’s time: Sometimes, people take their customers for granted. They don’t value their time and produce irrelevant merch content. One of the most effective ways is to use the products and show people how to use them. When making your content, you need to wear custom socks and show people how these socks can provide value to their lives. Provide some tips and tricks about the products.
10. Turn custom socks into a brand: You already have all the tools to understand your brand. Celebrities and big companies are not the only ones capable of branding. It would be beneficial to take some time and follow what they are doing. With time, you can turn your custom socks into a brand. Be consistent with your efforts. Always use your logo and other brand imagery on the socks.
You can sell more socks by avoiding these common mistakes. However, you need a reliable manufacturer to supply you with high-quality socks. EverLighten has helped people manufacture their custom socks for over eighteen years.
Evelina Edens was looking to create something unique – custom athletic socks with pictures of food and beverage – for her brand Wear Your Snacks. However, she had little knowledge about the materials, printing process, etc. Our team helped her choose the best and produced high-quality athletic socks after understanding their requirements. She was pleased, and our partnership with her is growing stronger; she has ordered five times. We also made the entire order for free after she lost her package because of logistic issues. You can read the full story at https://everlighten.com/blogs/success-stories/evelina-edens.
Best pricing: They are a factory for producing custom socks and not intermediaries, ensuring customers always get the best prices.
Quality in every product: They use top-quality materials and the latest processes to produce socks.
Fast turnaround time: They provide the quickest turnaround time for every order.
24*7 support: Customers can contact them 24*7 for their queries resolution; they reply within half an hour.
Real people, outstanding service: EverLighten loves helping; they offer various options.
Designs to impress: Your sock’s design will look as you imagined with help from in-house designers.
No minimum order requirement: You can order any number of socks you need; they accept every order without a minimum limit.
Worldwide shipping: They deliver worldwide, and customers can track their orders online with an order tracking tool.
For more information, queries and design, visit https://everlighten.com/collections/custom-socks.