Do you want to make easy recipes with the Health Benefits Of Flaxseeds? Click Here to read this article to make healthy and yummy food.
Like you all know, it’s good to stay healthy and follow a diet that makes you fit instead of fat. Being in good shape doesn’t depend on how much you work out alone; in fact, it also involves your diet, so make sure you’re eating right. While it’s alright to indulge in a cheat meal once a while, you need to understand what your body lacks and try to balance it out. For example, have green leafy vegetables like Spinach if you lack iron and milk when your body lacks calcium.
I’m sure you’re quite well acquainted with this basic diet regime. Therefore, this time I won’t bore you with the same old stuff but instead introduce you to a superfood that will change the way you think about diet-friendly meals. Introducing flaxseeds – Flax, also known as common flax or linseed, is a superfood with health benefits ranging from lowering cholesterol to cancer prevention if you want to explore some interesting recipes that are both healthy and yummy at the same time – keeping reading as we explore the many ways to savor the health benefits of flaxseeds.
Blend It Up With Your Favourite Smoothie
Who doesn’t love a creamy and delicious smoothie? Smoothies, when had for breakfast, can boost your morning routine – make you feel more energized and full of energy. Since smoothies are made using yogurt/milk, they’re quite fulfilling and keep your tummy full and craving for less junk until lunch. It also contains the goodness of fruits, for example – blueberries, strawberries, banana, etc. When you flaxseeds, it makes it a lot healthier.
- ½ a cup of banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup of strawberries
- Two tablespoons flaxseed meal (Put a couple of tablespoons of flaxseeds in your blender and pulse for 10 seconds to mill the seeds, or buy them ground)
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk/yogurt
Method: Place the banana, strawberries, flaxseed meal, and soy milk/yogurt into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve chilled.
Mix It Up With Your Raita
Raita’s go well with any rice delicacy, especially biryani and pulao. The whole purpose of raita is to mellow down your biryani/pulao’s spiciness and add more creaminess to it. The recipe I’ll share with you now comes with a slight twist to it – it not only makes your raita healthy and adds a tad bit of crunchiness to it along with the health benefits of flaxseeds. Here we go!
1½ cup of grated cucumber
1½ cup of thick yogurt/curd
Salt to taste
½ tsp black salt
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
Cilantro for garnishing
One tablespoon roasted flaxseeds
- Squeeze out excess moisture from grated cucumbers and keep it aside.
- Now to a clean bowl, add yogurt, grated cucumber, salt, black salt, and roasted cumin powder and mix them all well.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of roasted flaxseeds, and voila.
Make Way For Flaxseed Roti’s
Rotis or chapatis, whatever you call it, are healthy on their own. Having 2 roti’s per meal is sufficient enough to keep your tummy full and healthy. So I thought, why not take these rotis to the next level and make them healthier? That’s how I came up with this flaxseed roti recipe. Let’s dive into it.
½ cup atta (wheat flour)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Three tablespoons flaxseeds
½ cup oats
Salt as per taste (but preferably one teaspoon)
One tablespoon ghee
½ cup of water
- Powder 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds and keep aside. Now powder the oats in a blender to form flour.
- Add the whole wheat flour, flaxseed powder, oats flour, cumin seeds, and salt into a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Pour ghee and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Once it is crumbly, add water gradually and knead into a slightly firm dough. Do not over-knead
- Once the dough is formed, cover it with a damp cloth and rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Separate the dough into equal parts and roll them into balls.
- On a clean surface or chakla belan (rolling board and pin), dust some flour and roll into rotis. Sprinkle some flaxseeds on top while rolling into rotis.
- Cook on a tawa/pan till golden on both sides.
These are just a few everyday recipes that you can prepare using flaxseeds. However, you can experiment with it and create some more. But to enjoy the true health benefits of flaxseeds, you must use them the right way, always roast them well before use. I hope you enjoyed reading these recipes as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you. Stay healthy, stay fit.
Please share “3 Easy and Healthy Recipes With The Health Benefits Of Flaxseeds” with Friends and Family.