Water Contamination At Camp Lejeune Will Force Many Marines To Sue

The water contamination at Camp Lejeune will force many marines to sue. From 1953 to 1987, toxic chemicals found their way into the water supply. Since then, many families of the veterans who were exposed to these chemicals have come forward, claiming that this exposure caused medical problems in their loved ones. 

Some of these problems include cancer, birth defects, and even death. Here are some legal steps you can take if you have been affected by contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.

Seek Medical Care

If you feel sick or are experiencing health problems related to the water contamination at Camp Lejeune, it is important to seek medical care immediately. Your physician can help you determine whether your health problems are related to water contamination and can recommend treatment options to help you feel better.

Consult With An Attorney

If you or a loved one was exposed to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune, it is important to consult an attorney to discuss your legal rights. An attorney can help you understand your options and help you pursue a lawsuit against the government for compensation if you have suffered injuries due to the contaminated water. 

If you are in the Chicago area, visit rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com for more information about how they can help your family get the compensation you deserve.

Most attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they will not charge you anything upfront. Instead, they will take a percentage of the settlement you receive from the lawsuit to cover the costs of their work. This is typically a 33% to 40% cut of the total settlement amount.

If you or a loved one has suffered an illness as a result of Camp Lejeune’s toxic water, you may be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. It is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case and your options.

Report Any Exposure To Contaminated Water

If you developed any health problems due to the water contamination at Camp Lejeune, you should report this exposure to your doctor and your insurance provider. This can help them understand the scope of your injuries so they can provide you with coverage for medical bills and other expenses related to your illness. 

In addition to providing documentation to your doctors, you should also contact the Department of Veterans Affairs to report your exposure. They may be able to offer you additional benefits for your injuries that were not covered by your medical insurance. Keep all documentation relating to your injuries so that you can provide this information in the future if you develop a health condition related to water contamination at Camp Lejeune.

File a Claim With the Department of Veterans Affairs

If you have served in the Marine Corps at Camp Lejeune and have suffered from illness or injury as a result of the water contamination, you may be able to receive disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). 

The VA provides a free evaluation for disability claims and can evaluate your claim for free to determine if you are eligible to receive benefits. To be eligible to receive benefits, you must have served at least 90 days of active duty service and must have been exposed to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune while on active duty.

File A Lawsuit Against The Government

If a lawsuit is not successful, you may still have the option to file a personal injury claim against the government for compensation. However, there are strict time limits for filing these types of claims, so you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible to protect your rights and interests. Consulting an attorney is the best way to ensure that your rights are protected and that the compensation you are entitled to be obtained as quickly and efficiently as possible.


The VA has become aware of potential health problems that were possibly caused by exposure to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water and has taken steps to investigate these claims. If you feel that you or a loved one has suffered an injury or illness as a result of exposure at Camp Lejeune, it is important that you contact the VA to notify them of your claim and request an evaluation of your medical records to determine if you may have a claim. Hiring an experienced lawyer to represent your interests and pursue your claim is the best way to ensure that you and your family receive the benefits you are owed.


Top Rated Matching Pajama Sets and Answer to Questions About Them / 10 Home Design Ideas For The Entertainer: Your Guide To Creating A Modern-Day Oasis / Choosing A CoinSpot: Comprehensive Guide / All About Instagram story viewer / Things You Should Know Before You Become a Lawyer

Top 7 Gifts for the Music Lover in Your Life / Five Ways to Make Your Home More Efficient / Erythritol – What You Need To Know / Water Contamination At Camp Lejeune Will Force Many Marines To Sue / 5 Reasons Why You Should Have a Custom Design Home

Related Stories